Cannop

Based in Cinderford, Gloucestershire the foundry manufactures and supplies castings for a wide range of engineering disciplines.

Having commissioned a new foundry facility in 2007 and with over 30 years trading history, the new investments at Cannop enable the business to meet the challenge of supplying technical casting products to demanding markets both in the UK and continental Europe.

aboutus

 

Cannop History

The foundry originally started in 1874 and now is the oldest trading company within the Forest of Dean. Please see the attached photo of the original foundry site. The stone that is set in the building wall exists in the grounds of the new facility at Crabtree Road on Forest Vale Industrial Estate.

Today the Cannop Foundry is under new ownership and an aggressive investment strategy has been developed that will enable the business to achieve its vision in becoming a world class operation and a centre of excellence in the UK.